Staying in a dorm?
If you are living in a dorm, the dormitory should register you, so that you don’t have to go to the Department for Asylum and Migration Policy. However, check with the Accommodation Office, if they have really registered you, especially if you are not from the EU/Schengen area/EFTA.
If they have not, you should go to the Department for Asylum and Migration Policy and register yourself, see the next paragraph.
Staying in a private flat?
1) If you are a citizen of the EU / Schengen area / EFTA and your stay exceeds 30 days, you have to go the Alien Police within 30 days after your arrival to the Czech Republic.
2) If you are a citizen of a third country (outside the EU / Schengen area / EFTA), you have to go to the Alien Police within 3 working days after your arrival to the Czech Republic.
Where to register?
The Department for Asylum and Migration Policy is located at Hládkov 682/9, Prague 6. Find it on the mape here.
- Bring all necessary documents such as passport, visa, confirmation of your student status issued by the university, health insurance documents, or flat lease contract with you.
- New office for citizens of third countries ‐ cooperation of Alien Police and the Charles University
- It is necessary to book your appointment in advance on the phone number +420 974 820 680.
The office is only for students and you can find it at Komenského Dorms (Parléřova 6, Praha 6).
For more information visit this page.
Changes to your status/address/length of stay:
If you need to prolong your stay, or if you move to a new place, you have to go to the Department for Asylum and Migration Policy (mentioned above) and report it!